Holidays in Newmarket and the 28th Anniversary of the Giving Tree Celebration on Saturday, December 3rd – All Day
Holiday spirit comes alive in Newmarket this year with a craft fair, the Operation Santa Toy Drive, the Rec.’s Annual Holiday Party and Giving Tree Ceremony and the Town of Newmarket’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony, plus a lot more Merry Main Street activities might happen before or after this date and will be added to the lineup as we get closer to the day.
DEC 3rd – Events and times from 2016 is listed below:
8am-2pm: Newmarket Community Church Craft Fair.
9am – 4pm: Friends of Newmarket Public Library – Book Sale Newmarket Public Library
10am-3pm: Newmarket Historical Society will host an Open House at the Stone School Museum. Learn the history about many holiday traditions and see their special display of old toys from their collection.
2pm-4pm: Newmarket Recreation holds their FREE Annual Holiday Party at the event space at the basement of the MILLS. There will be lots of holiday games, special holiday crafts, holiday raffle/s, and of course, a visit from none other than jolly old St. Nick. So Ho! Ho! Ho! Be sure not to miss out on all the fun! Accepting monetary donations to keep this FREE event going each year – see below.
3pm-5pm: The Boy Scouts will be collecting unwrapped toys on our Merry Main Street in front of the tree.
5pm-6pm: Join the Town of Newmarket for the 28th Anniversary of the Annual GIVING TREE Ceremony and TREE LIGHTING Ceremony! Come join us as we celebrate the gift of giving with caroling and the annual town tree lighting ceremony. At approx. 5:50pm the The Peace Light Ceremony will commence hosted by the Newmarket Community Church and then followed by the Lighting of the Giving Tree. Note: If you would like to donate a present to Operation Santa Claus, you may bring an unwrapped present during the day at several locations during the Merry Main Street Celebration. We invite all residents to partake in the season of giving!
6:30pm – 10:00pm: Fezziwig’s Ball: Newmarket Millspace and Newmarket Historical Society are presenting. (Open to the public $25/ea) period costume and dancing to the music of Paul Lizotte and the Lizziwigs with caller Don Heinold. The Grand March begins promptly at 7 p.m. Cash Bar and 19th Delicacies.
DONATE TO OPERATION SANTA CLAUS: A holiday giving program run by the Newmarket’s Lamprey Health Care Community Support Program which provides clothing and toys to children in the Newmarket Community who are in need. There are several ways you can help.
- Sponsor a Family: Pick up Family Sponsor “Star (listing family needs)” at the Recreation Community Center, The Lamprey Health Care, and/or St Mary’s Church between now and Dec 2nd. Note all family sponsor items need to be turned in to the the Operation Santa Claus team at the Recreation Community Center on Tuesday December 6 at 9 am, if you need an alternate drop off time contact Sarah @ 659-2494 x7643
- Donate an UNWRAPPED Toy or Gift Card and bring to a designated drop off location: Stuff a Cruiser at Rite Aid on November 19th between 9am – 2pm. The Recreation Community Center or Lamprey Health Care between November 27th – December 3rd. Or, bring to the Annual Giving Tree on Saturday, December 3rd anytime from 3pm – 6pm.
- Sponsor a Family for a Food Basket. More info oh how to donate coming soon.
NEWMARKET POLICE RELIEF ASSN ANNUAL STUFF A CRUISER:(with an unwrapped toy or gift card) will be parked at Rite Aid on Saturday, November 19th from 9am-2pm. (Note: all donations benefit Newmarket families in the Operation Santa Program)
A Very Merry Thank You to all of the Special Elves that have helped to make this all possible!
Newmarket Recreation Department, Newmarket Business Association, Lamprey Health Care Operation Santa Claus, New Market Historical Society, Newmarket Police Department, Boy Scouts of America, Newmarket Community Church and many more!
- **If you are interested in donating, sponsoring or offering a service for any of our annual community events please click our Ad/Sponsorship page on the menu bar
- If you have any questions or would like more information on the Very Merry Main Street please feel free to call the Rec. at 659.8581.
- If you are interested in volunteering. collaborating, or adding a community event for the day – please email email@example.com