2017 Granite State Track and Field
This great program allows Newmarket students ages 9 to 14 to compete at the local, regional level and ultimately at the state meet if a participant qualifies. We are sure that this will be exciting and memorable track and field experience helping to promote active lifestyles, sportsmanship and to provide an opportunity for kids to be the best that they can be.
This year we will be merging with the Exeter Rec. teams for our weekly practices beginning in May. Practices will be held at Exeter High School. The Rec. will provide transportation to and from U.N.H. for the first 13 participants. Additional participants are encouraged to join the team; however, we are limited to our 15 passenger van so transportation cannot be provided for all if we go over 13 participants.
100, 200, and 400 meter dashes
800 and 1600 meter runs,
4 x 100 meter relay
Standing long jump
- Practices will be held Monday evenings, May 1st- June 12th at the Exeter High School from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (*Practice will beheld of 6/19 for those that qualify for the state meet. No practice will beheld on Monday, May 29th)
- We will provide transportation to and from E.H.S. for the first 13 participants.
- We are asking parents to have their students arrive at the Community Center by 6:00 in order to load the bus and head out. After practice we will be leaving Exeter at 7:30 p.m. to returning to the Rec. around 7:45 pm.
- Who: Boys and girls between the age of 9 and 14 by December 31, 2017.
- We will need a copy of each participant’s birth certificate if your child will be competing in the regional meet.
- Coach: Jean Holmes
- Cost: $52/participant (includes transportation and T-shirt)
2017 MEET DATES…
District Meets: Saturday, June 17th
State Meet: Friday, June 23rd